Tips for a happy bathtime
How to make bath time a better experience for your dog
Spring is here and after doing the Spring Cleaning you’re probably thinking about giving your dog a bath. After a long winter and many muddy walks he probably is in need of a nice wash.
Whilst some dogs enjoy their baths some aren’t so keen. Here are some tips to make it a happier experience for both you and your dog.
- Assemble everything you need first. Like a small child, your dog is unlikely to sit in the bath while you go off to get the forgotten towel.
- Make sure the water isn’t too hot – he can’t tell you. You can always test the temperature by using your elbow.
- Brush your dog before he gets into the bath especially if he has a long coat.
- Talk to your dog in a calm and reassuring voice as he may not be enjoying the bath.
- Wet his fur using water in a jug or a shower attachment (again test the water temperature)
- Wash him with a specialist dog shampoo – our range of Simbae dogs shampoos are made from natural and organic ingredients and are paraben and phthalate free.
- Rinse your dog well, holding his head up to ensure no shampoo gets into his eyes. Remove him from the bath and towel dry. Remember: your dog will shake himself dry so don’t put him near anything you don’t want to get wet!
- Reward your dog with a treat, this will let him know he’s been well-behaved and that bath time is nothing to fear.
To treat you and your dog this Easter we are offering a special discount on our Simbae range of conditioners. Buy any Simbae dog shampoo and get a 50% Discount on the conditioner when brought at the same time. Please use code: SP50 at our online shop.